Thursday, October 13, 2016

Bittersweet October

I just realized it's been quite a while since my last post so it's about time for an update.
The probation officer has told us that he should be eligible for release from probation in the early part of next year which is great news...except that he has to go through another polygraph. He has completed his treatment and complied with all rules of probation, but a part of me is still nervous. I also think it is stupid considering polygraphs are not admissible in court.
On a sad note, October is a gut-punch month. Not only can we not decorate or celebrate Halloween (which I never cared about until I wasn't "allowed" to), but October is the month that I found out about everything (wow...3 years ago) so it is a reminder of the lies, betrayal and pain I went through. Yuck!
Coincidentally it is also the month of our anniversary (we just celebrated our first...YAY!!!), but if I'm being honest, it's been sort of bittersweet. Last year I was in knee deep in wedding planning mode/bliss, so I didn't even think about it, but this year is a little different without the distractions. Time to find a new hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts! (You can do this anonymously)
Comments will be reviewed before they are displayed to make sure they are positive and/or helpful to others.
Negative, hurtful or rude comments will not be allowed.